Just wondering if anyone has compiled a list of editors that can or can't save directly to the Retrode.
I've noticed for example that gedit can't but nano can. (under Ubuntu Lucid)
For now I'll maintain a list in the first post.
- NeelixCommand line solution
We have found this to work under any unixoid operating system. It may well be the most convenient way if you just want to change a single config setting:
echo "[HIDMode] 3" >> /path/to/RETRODE/RETRODE.CFG
(Obviously, /path/to/ is the mounting point in your respective file system, e.g., /Volumes/ under Mac OS X. Replace "[HIDMode] 3" with any other config setting that you may want to modify (though there may be a maximum number of characters for which this works).)List of editors (work in progress)
Editors that can save to the Retrode:
- kate, kwrite: need to disable backup of local files under Settings - Configure Kate|Editor - Open/Save - Advanced
- nano: may have to disable backups via echo "unset backup" >> ~/.nanorc
- notepad.exe via wine :-)
- Mac OS X:
- TextMate: file disappears from Finder after editing until Retrode is reset.
- vim: need to disable backups via echo "set nobackup\nset nowritebackup\nset noswapfile" >> ~/_vimrc
Editors that can't save directly to the Retrode:
- Mac OS X: