Author Topic: Progress on N64/GBA save support?  (Read 16136 times)

Offline skaman

• Junior Retrode
    • View Profile
Re: Progress on N64/GBA save support?
« Reply #60 on: 15/Sep/2017 07:46:45 PM »
N64 Cart EEPROM save support is complete.  The production N64 plugin supports EEPROM saves.  If you have a prototype N64/GBx plugin, then you'll need to add two connections - CLK and S_DATA.  I'll post pictures of a modified prototype adapter if anyone is interested.

The next BETA firmware release is on hold pending the resolution of the Paper Mario heuristics code.  Once I'm able to fix Paper Mario, then I'll release the BETA to the test group.  A public firmware release will follow after the testers have thoroughly tested the BETA firmware.

Offline RazorX2014

• Junior Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 15/Sep/2017 09:23:39 PM »
N64 Cart EEPROM save support is complete.  The production N64 plugin supports EEPROM saves.  If you have a prototype N64/GBx plugin, then you'll need to add two connections - CLK and S_DATA.  I'll post pictures of a modified prototype adapter if anyone is interested.

The next BETA firmware release is on hold pending the resolution of the Paper Mario heuristics code.  Once I'm able to fix Paper Mario, then I'll release the BETA to the test group.  A public firmware release will follow after the testers have thoroughly tested the BETA firmware.

sounds amazing i cant wait :D
is there still work to be done on sms saves? from what i remember that wasnt working correctly.

Offline skaman

• Junior Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 15/Sep/2017 11:37:59 PM »
I have no idea on the SMS saves.  If there is anything to be done, then it will have to be done by someone else.

I'm sorry to say that I have no plans or interest in working on support for any other consoles.  If there was one console that I might eventually work on, it would be the GBA saves.

After I finish the N64 fixes, I'll be going back to looking for a solution for the SNES SA-1 SRAM writes.

Offline RazorX2014

• Junior Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 15/Sep/2017 11:42:19 PM »
:(

Offline ssokolow

• Baby Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 18/Sep/2017 12:40:29 AM »

[Insert fangirlish manly squeal of delight here]

(I've got some old saves that it'll be nice to see again without having to find the time to diagnose my N64's reboot problem.)

Offline RazorX2014

• Junior Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 18/Sep/2017 01:13:33 AM »

[Insert fangirlish manly squeal of delight here]

(I've got some old saves that it'll be nice to see again without having to find the time to diagnose my N64's reboot problem.)

when an n64 randomly reboots it usually means its overheating

Offline androda

• Baby Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 18/Sep/2017 01:20:58 PM »
If you have a prototype N64/GBx plugin, then you'll need to add two connections - CLK and S_DATA.  I'll post pictures of a modified prototype adapter if anyone is interested.

I'd love to see the modifications.  Still have 6 or 7 of those prototype adapter boards kicking around.  Might as well keep them up to date.