Author Topic: Adaptors  (Read 77333 times)

Offline oivivio

• Baby Retrode
    • View Profile
Re: Adaptors
« Reply #165 on: 15/Dec/2014 02:58:50 AM »
Hi!

Like Cosmos & flaco_dan, I too am an amateur when it comes to electronic manipulation.  I would love to build one of the n64 plug-ins for my retrode 2 but I'm not sure where to begin. 

I assume an old genesis cart, a n64 connection slot and a soldering iron would be in order?  If I do my homework and figure out how to read a schematic, is this all the necessary tools to build such a device?  What kind of wires would i need to solder the genesis cart pins to the n64 connection slot pins?

Any help would be great for us not so knowledgeable people  8)

Thanks!

Offline Khaz

• Baby Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 26/May/2015 09:03:08 PM »

Offline RazorX2014

• Junior Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 15/Aug/2015 11:00:02 PM »
i have added a post here to my OSH Park Account where you can order some pcbs if you are interested

Thread

Offline ericbazinga

• Baby Retrode
  • Don't have a Retrode, want one though
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 01/Feb/2016 10:23:07 PM »
It's the 3ds that's the problem, not the DS. The DS is about 8 years old if I'm not mistaken and almost dead. 3DS is new, but those games have a notch on them to prevent them from working on an older DS similar to how Game Boy Advance games have a couple of notches on them to prevent them from fitting into an older Game Boy.
I would LOVE to see a DS adapter for the Retrode. The post quoted above is about 3 or 4 years old. The DS is certainly dead and 3DS is enjoying strong albeit slowly dwindling sales. I personally think now would be a good time for one, I will be buying a Retrode soon and would love to dump my DS games (I have about 25 of them) and hopefully 3DS one day.

Offline Aleron Ives

• Junior Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 01/Feb/2016 11:23:48 PM »
I would be interested in a DS plug-in as well. I'm not aware of any other DS dumpers, so it would be nice to be able to use the Retrode for that purpose.

Offline Nori

• Junior Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 03/Mar/2016 09:25:02 PM »
I would much rather see a Gamegear plugin personally.

Offline ssokolow

• Baby Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 04/Mar/2016 12:11:02 AM »
I would much rather see a Gamegear plugin personally.

From what I understand, the difficulty with the Game Gear is finding a supply of the cartridge sockets and, if you do, the SMS adapter has solder pads left open to add one.

(I'm lucky in that respect. The only Game Gear games I really care about are the Sonic ones and those are unlockable in my CD-ROM version of Sonic Adventure.)

Offline ericbazinga

• Baby Retrode
  • Don't have a Retrode, want one though
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 04/Mar/2016 03:39:05 PM »
First post in a month.  ??? This forum is a real ghost town isn't it?
The SMS Plugin has space on the circuit board for a Game Gear slot. Of course, you'd have to supply the socket and solder it on yourself, but it would work. I could imagine some sort of deluxe version with both slots, but it most likely won't happen right now.
My only idea for getting a GG socket supply is finding Game Gears with broken screens/sound/controls and harvesting the sockets from them. Either that or destroying perfectly good Game Gears, and nobody wants that.

Offline Callypige42

• Baby Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 05/Apr/2016 06:29:38 PM »
Hi. Where I can find the electronic manual reset switch for the GBx Plug-in ?? and since N64 and GBA run at 3.3v instead of the Retrode’s 5v, there is a slight risk of cart damage without an additional voltage converter so the second question is where i can find that voltage converter ?? thanks in advance..!!

Offline Aleron Ives

• Junior Retrode
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 05/Apr/2016 08:17:58 PM »
Uh, the Retrode 2 already has its own 3.3/5V toggle switch. The plugin doesn't need one.