Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: Remapping the buttons?
« Last post by ICEknight on 28/Jul/2018 02:53:36 AM »
After some thought, I think the second idea would be actually the cleanest solution, maybe with full button names so that there would be no conflicts in case that this is eventually implemented for other more complex systems (like N64's directional C buttons and stuff like that). So something like:

Code: [Select]
[mdButtons] B C A X Z Y START MODE          #    Buttons in the order in which they'll be assigned when connected through the USB port (Example: START MODE A B C X Y Z)

I really hope that somebody can implement it sometime...
General Discussion / Re: SEGA SMS/GG Firmware (FW v0.24)
« Last post by skaman on 20/Jul/2018 08:27:47 PM »
Ran across an eBay listing for Game Gear slots:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Gear-45-pin-Slot/283019404463

In case anyone was looking for one and didn't want to pull one from a console.
General Discussion / Re: What is Going on With the Kazzo NES Dumper?
« Last post by mistermorcus on 17/Jul/2018 06:48:40 PM »
I actually happen to know the answer to this. There was a project on Kickstarter called NESMaker and the project creators apparently made a deal with the folks at InfiniteLives to produce a new version of the Kazzo (and potentially updated firmware?) to go with the NESMaker software.  I think they are busy trying to finish everything to get the hardware fulfillment in for people that backed at that tier.

The NESMaker software is a front-end that helps users dynamically make their own NES games without ever actually writing or knowing the underlying code.  This will allow people to make their own nes game carts using the Kazzo.

I got my Kazzo from them a year or two ago and it was quickly delivered. Hopefully once the Kickstarter stuff gets sorted out they will be back to business as usual.
Support / Re: About to Buy A Retrode 2. A Few Questions.
« Last post by Damned on 12/Jul/2018 05:10:14 PM »
I have another question. Apparently the reason the GBX can't dump multi game gba carts is that it dumps only the game selector. In the thread I read, forcing the Retrode to detect the cart size via editing the [forcesize] option in the config file should produce a good dump. However, it would appear that it only supports integer values. So if I wanted to dump Super Mario Advance 4, which is apparently 2.43 mb according to No-Intro, would I just put 3 as the value in [forcesize]?
Support / Re: About to Buy A Retrode 2. A Few Questions.
« Last post by Aleron Ives on 12/Jul/2018 07:53:33 AM »
You'll probably have to update the firmware yourself, but it isn't hard to do.

As far as SGB is concerned, there isn't anything to dump AFAIK, except maybe the built-in stock borders? Most good GB emulators have SGB support, so you can play games with special SGB palettes and borders, as that content is already in the GB cart. The special "Help!" samples in Donkey Kong require SNES emulation that no GB emulators handle, so the only way to get SGB sound enhancement is to play on a real SNES.
General Discussion / What is Going on With the Kazzo NES Dumper?
« Last post by Damned on 12/Jul/2018 05:20:37 AM »
I was interested to purchase it because the Retrode 2 doesn't have any plugins that support NES / Famicom and the Kazzo does exactly that, with them even mentioning designing a brand new model, but I'm worried because...

We're doing everything we can to finalize the hardware and start production this month (Jan 2018) to support release by Feb 2018.

It's been five months since then and the Kazzo is still not in stock. When I sent in a support ticket bringing this up, asking them if they had cancelled their plans, they did not respond.

Can anyone with more experience with Infinite NES Lives tell me if this has happened before or if production is still going on? I'm just nervous, because there doesn't seem to be any other NES dumpers around and there are a lot of NES games I would like to dump.

Yes, I realize this is a forum for the Retrode and not the Kazzo, but the Kazzo doesn't have its own forums to ask on.
Support / About to Buy A Retrode 2. A Few Questions.
« Last post by Damned on 12/Jul/2018 04:13:20 AM »
1. I understand that the device was apparently updated to now support several enhancement chips such as the SA-1 and Cx4. If I buy a Retrode 2 from the Dragon Box site at this point in time, am I guaranteed to get this "updated" version?

2. I hear that the GBx plugin apparently cannot dump "multi-game" carts and the Sonic Advance series according to one of the reviews on Dragon Box. Can any other GBx plugin owners confirm this? Also, it can dump save files as well right? I need my save file from Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past because it has Four Swords enabled bonus content in the main game.

3. The plugins are still planned on being put back in stock on Dragon Box, correct?

EDIT: Can the Super Gameboy be properly dumped? I want to try out Donkey Kong and Mega Man V with the Super Gameboy enhancements.
Support / Sega 6-button controller
« Last post by Lylat1an on 08/Jul/2018 04:12:44 AM »
I'm trying to use a 6-button controller in Steam's Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Classics, but when I try to configure the controller it detects the D-pad as a joystick instead of 4 buttons.

Is this the way it's supposed to be, or can it be changed with a firmware update?

I'm using a Retrode 2 with firmware .20-Beta
It's been a while since I opened this topic, but I'd just like to clarify that this should no longer be an issue as of firmware v0.22. User skaman has been doing incredible work expanding the functionality of the Retrode.

Unless I've missed something, the latest firmware is covered by this post. If you need instructions on how to update your Retrode's firmware, start here.
General Discussion / Re: SEGA SMS/GG Firmware (FW v0.24)
« Last post by bsittler on 19/Jun/2018 06:31:29 AM »
This is great! I updated to this firmware and built a "Mark Master Converter". With those I'm able to dump+emulate many SG-1000 and Mark III games — both cartridges and My Cards — by stacking the Mark Master Converter atop the PlugIn Master. However, my adapter may have some sort of bug - there are a few SG-1000 cartridges I have not been able to use with the Retrode2, and they load as entirely 0xFF bytes:

• Congo Bongo
  • Flicky
  • Girl's Garden
  • Star Jacker

Strangely, those very same games work fine (other than missing SG-1000 color palette set-up and needing a quick cartridge-swap to defeat the BIOS checks) in a Game Gear by stacking the same Mark Master Converter on top of the Beeshu Gear Master. Also, more than a dozen other games — including SG-1000 and Mark III cartridges and also My Cards — work fine with the Mark Master Converter atop the PlugIn Master in the Retrode2.

Before I go too much further into debugging these, has anyone else been able to successfully use any of these SG-1000 titles via the Retrode2?

edit: got one of skaman's Mark III Plug-Ins (thank you!) and see the same behavior with that as with the two-adapter stack - however, it's a beautiful Plug-In, works fine with actual Mark III cartridges, and I highly recommend it :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]