Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Question on the Sonic & Knuckles lock-on
« Last post by skaman on Today at 03:41:13 AM »
Identified the setting that is messing up Sonic 3 & Knuckles.  An instruction was added to enable reading of SSF2.

I'll have to add some code to make sure both carts work with the same firmware.

EDIT:  Fixed.  Both Sonic 3 & Knuckles and SSF2 now work on the same firmware.  I'll compile a new v0.24 version with the fix and also merge the fix into the later firmwares.
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by skaman on Today at 12:53:48 AM »
Tested a Memory Pak and it reads out properly.  I compared the Mempak1.mpk dump against a dump using a different reader and the files matched.  I tested from the v0.18d (first firmware with memory pak support) up to v0.25.

Before attempting to read the memory pak, make sure your Config file [sramReadonly] or [saveReadonly] is set to 1.  Wannado mentions dumping your memory pak at least a couple times to confirm the contents before making any changes.

Refer to Wannado's Guide:  http://forum.retrode.org/index.php?topic=196.0
« Last post by skaman on 17/Aug/2018 10:57:10 PM »
Yes, I tested Sonic 3 & Knuckles and it is broken in v0.24a.  The upper addresses are not completely dumped.

If you need to dump Sonic 3 & Knuckles, then use a firmware up to v0.24.

I'll look for a fix.
« Last post by idiotproof on 16/Aug/2018 02:06:32 PM »
 :'( just ripped out the resistors for no reason then.
General Discussion / Re: Progress on N64/GBA save support?
« Last post by HamsterExAstris on 16/Aug/2018 02:35:42 AM »
The contributed code does not fully support all types of savegames yet. It's as far as the author got. There are still problems such as save data corruption. Some of the code changes might be breaking other features.
While the N64 save support has been released, GBA save support is still missing. Is that something you'd be willing to let someone else work on? If so, how would I go about getting involved?
« Last post by Pat1986 on 15/Aug/2018 11:27:36 PM »
Has the Lock-On for Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic 3 been broken in later firmwares? I'm on .24a and eventhough my Sonic & Knuckles (World) and Sonic 3 (Europe) dump flawlessly seperately, locked on i only get a rom with a broken looped boot screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46bfunijbhnk9wx/Sonic3%26Knuckles.DFB3.md?dl=0

Sonic & Knuckles + Sonic 1 and 2 locked on dump and play fine.
« Last post by skaman on 15/Aug/2018 08:43:54 PM »
Diagonal resistor was on the older board revision.  V0.4 PCB places them vertically.
« Last post by idiotproof on 15/Aug/2018 02:47:11 PM »
My board already had the vertical resistors soldered in. Mempaks were showing up but corrupted when loaded into Project64. Took them out and solder 1 220 diagonal same as here http://forum.retrode.org/index.php?topic=386.0 now no Mempaks show up
General Discussion / Re: SEGA SMS/GG Firmware (FW v0.24)
« Last post by bsittler on 14/Aug/2018 02:33:45 PM »
FYI, Peter byemu (famulator)'s "Lithium"/"Tengu" MD dumper seems to be electrically compatible with skaman's Retrode2 Mark III plugin. Using that combination, I was able to dump five problematic SG-1000 cartridges (Orguss, Star Jacker, Girl's Garden, Flicky, and Congo Bongo.) I'm not yet sure why the Retrode2 only sees 0xFF for these, but at least there does exist a Mass Storage-compatible dumper that can read them. Note that the dumps will need to be deinterleaved (discard all even byte locations, they all read as 0xFF) and truncated (these old games are headerless, they all seem to work with final length 32768 bytes.)
« Last post by skaman on 11/Aug/2018 05:53:46 PM »
On another note, is there anything additional required to get Mempaks working in project 64, i.e. do they need converted or anything like .fla files? I soldered an N64 extension cord to the new N64 plugin and it picks up the Mempak from the controller. However when I test it using TWINE it says the pak is corrupted and forces a reset

Did you add the 220R resistors to the board?  Another poster was asking about connecting a controller to the plugin and I was reminded about the resistors.  They're 1/4W resistors soldered in vertically on the v0.4 PCB.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10