Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
I used this script on Mac OS X 10.13.4 and it worked great.
Support / Re: Error Code 43 on USB Device, cannot open USB port
« Last post by Amoleo on 04/Apr/2018 01:18:48 PM »
Hi!

I had this problem too, looks like it is a common problem not limited to the retrode.
Following the instructions there brought me f├║rther, problem is described there:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2013/11/26/why-does-my-usb-device-work-on-windows-8-0-but-fail-on-windows-8-1-with-code-43.aspx, go straight to the Workaround! You can search for the following sentence: "To apply the workaround for a specific device, add a REG_DWORD value named SkipBOSDescriptorQuery that"

(Though I am not done with flashing yet, at least no usb error and usb connection can be opened.)

edit: Flashing is now working.

This has also fixed my updating issue on Windows 10.

Weirdly I've had to use a different PC altogether.  When I put the Retrode2 in DFU mode on my main machine it causes the machine to act unusually.  It stops detecting any new USB devices and refuses to power down (though the screen goes black).  I thought it was a hardware issue but I recently changed everything other than the OS drive and it still does it.  So I suspect there's something corrupt in the USB handling in the OS.
Support / Re: Gameboy saves no longer transfering to the Retrode
« Last post by Nori on 02/Apr/2018 11:48:59 PM »
Tried it out and it worked! Problem solved. :)
« Last post by Nori on 02/Apr/2018 03:43:47 PM »
Thanks a bunch Wannado. I'm going to try that out! :)
« Last post by skaman on 02/Apr/2018 05:13:26 AM »
Ok.  So MBC2 saves are the issue.
« Last post by Wannado on 01/Apr/2018 08:21:19 PM »
Hi Nori, I just noticed that I have the FFA game, too, only with its European title "Mystic Quest".

The game's mapper chip has exactly 512 half-bytes of RAM built-in. They appear as 512 bytes, with only the lower half of each byte having actual storage on the chip. The Retrode detects that correctly.

I'm using the KiGB emulator, version 2.05, which too creates an 8 kiB save file for that game. The game still only uses the first 512 bytes of it, so the rest of the file is garbage (it's quite obvious in the file that I had once saved).

Long story short, to copy your emulator save game of FFA to the cartridge, try using a hex editor to copy only the first 512 bytes from the emulator save file to the Retrode save file.

Note: IIRC, the Retrode shows the unused upper half of each byte as hex F while KiGB seems to prefer 0. This should have no effect when copying from the emulator file to the Retrode file. I don't remember if it's a problem when copying in the other direction, from the Retrode to the emulator file.
General Discussion / Re: Any chance of Super Street Fighter II Genesis?
« Last post by Lowe0 on 28/Mar/2018 01:12:19 AM »
Awesome - thanks!
General Discussion / Re: Virtual Boy SRAM Support
« Last post by skaman on 27/Mar/2018 04:13:22 AM »
I looked for a pinout that would support both SRAM and Hyper Fighting.

Unfortunately, support for both is not possible due to a lack of available control pins on the Retrode.

I'm going to stick with my current plugin design with support for the SRAM.

If anyone wants to read out Hyper Fighting, then the original pinout needs to be modified with the following pins:
Code: [Select]
Sega          Signal            VB
B9              a21             14
B10             a22             12
B11             a23             10

If the cart is not detected, then use FW v0.25 with forceSystem set to "vboy" and forceSize set to "32".  The ROM should be identified as FightingDemo.vb.
General Discussion / Re: PC Engine/Turbografx plug in?
« Last post by skaman on 25/Mar/2018 09:17:24 PM »
Here are pics of the Plugin PCB in an aftermarket SNES shell:

« Last post by Nori on 25/Mar/2018 08:28:46 PM »
Thank you Wannado. I tried that and unfortunately it doesn't work. When I delete the save file it says the Retrode has 512b of free space. The save I had from before was 8kb, and so I still get the message from the image in the initial post. If I save a game and copy that 512b file out of the retrode, delete it from the retrode, and move back that recent one will transfer back and the newly created save will still be there.

In the past all Game Boy games I had transferred saves out from the cartridge to the computer have worked, and a few that started on the computer (via emulator) to the original cart worked as well. From all appearances all this still happens and functions properly except this one title. Thinking back I can't even be sure that this game's save had ever been back and forth with the Retrode. It might have been only through an emulator. Still it's odd since other games using the same emulator did work being sent back, and I checked the rom version I have for this game and it seems to match "Final Fantasy Adventure (U)" which should be the us version of the game, which is the same as the cartridge itself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10