Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Support / Re: RAM files (.srm) not working. ROM files (.sfc) ok
« Last post by KingMike on 30/Dec/2017 06:01:59 PM »
Is GBA support still limited to ROM only?
I understand headers lack enough information for Retrode to reliably detect needed cart information (including save information. Some emulators would scan the ROM for certain text strings to determine save type, but at least one game developer used that to fool such emulators as an anti-piracy measure).

In reading them I had to force the size to the maximum 32MB.
(well, 32 was the maximum for actual games. I know there was a 64MB cart with a mapper made but it was only used by a couple of those GBA Video carts so there is very low interest in it.)
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by skaman on 30/Dec/2017 06:08:18 AM »
I found another cart that isn't handled properly by the v0.23 firmware.

Rockman Dash (NUS-NRHJ) wasn't on the original list of Flashram save carts.  The ROM will display but not the .FLA save file.  Mega Man 64 (NUS-NM6E) was included on the save list but the Japanese version was overlooked due to the difference in the cart serial.

I'm thinking of releasing an update to v0.23 with this fix and the Command & Conquer ROM size fix.

A few more releases are coming in 2018.  I'm still working on the BETA SMS/GG firmware v0.24 and I also made a BETA Virtual Boy firmware v0.25 with SRAM save support.
General Discussion / Re: SEGA SMS/GG Firmware (BETA)
« Last post by RazorX2014 on 29/Dec/2017 10:45:39 PM »
Wow that looks so great. I wish someone would mass produce the Gamegear plugin. I'd love to have one and wouldn't be able to make one myself.
unfortunately you would have to sacrifice a game gear every time to do that, short of paying thousands to have the connectors made from scratch.
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by Nori on 29/Dec/2017 05:13:35 PM »
skaman you are incredible. This is such great news. Now I can't wait for them to reprint the N64 plugin so that I can get one and put it to use.
« Last post by Nori on 29/Dec/2017 05:12:07 PM »
Wow that looks so great. I wish someone would mass produce the Gamegear plugin. I'd love to have one and wouldn't be able to make one myself.
I hope they reprint the N64 one, I have a feeling it's going to become a hot item.
« Last post by skaman on 27/Dec/2017 08:38:30 PM »
Cool, does this work with an official Master System Converter?

No, it only works with the Retrode SMS/GG Plugin.
Support / Re: SNES Games Being Shown as Differenty File?
« Last post by skaman on 27/Dec/2017 08:34:23 PM »
SNES detection comes before Atari detection.  The Retrode is not finding a valid SNES header for the carts.  Dirty pins can cause this problem.

You can modify the Config file to force it to read the cart as SNES.  Change the [forceSystem] setting from "auto" to "snes".  Check the file to see what data the Retrode is reading from the cart.  Compare it against a No-Intro dump of the same cart.

Good Luck!
« Last post by ICEknight on 27/Dec/2017 05:15:48 PM »
Cool, does this work with an official Master System Converter?
Support / SNES Games Being Shown as Differenty File?
« Last post by Schatzy23 on 24/Dec/2017 05:57:58 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I'm working on messing around with a few of my older SNES cartridges, testing them out to make sure they still work, and I've gotten a few carts that are showing the ROMs as something completely different than I've normally seen.  The files are showing up as 2600Cartridge.a26 file.  So far, it's only been a few of the games that have done, and I'm hoping that the issue will go away once I spend more time cleaning the pins.  Has anyone else seen this before?  Is it really an issue with dirty connectors or is it something else?  For reference, the games that have been doing this so far are Mortal Kombat, The Great Circus Mystery Staring Mickey and Minnie, and Batman Returns.

Thanks!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10