Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by MasterOfPuppets on 25/Nov/2017 06:28:33 PM »
Awesome to hear! Thank you!
« Last post by skaman on 25/Nov/2017 04:53:32 PM »
I made a prototype Virtual Boy plugin PCB.  I'm waiting for it to arrive from the PCB fab.  If I can get it working then I'll post the details.  I already have a copy of Red Alarm waiting to be tested.
Support / Re: FW Update fail error Verify device fail at 0x00000
« Last post by Engal on 25/Nov/2017 04:48:19 PM »
Ok I will try that.

Besides, another problem finally is solved. As in my first post mentioned, I couldnt copy any gameboy games via the plugin to my pc. After days of try and error I read the config file and there where no values at all rom entries!!!
How could this be???

Easily wrote them in and the Retrode works fine again!!!!

But the flashing thing I have to try as you told me above, hope this will help!
« Last post by skaman on 25/Nov/2017 04:41:04 PM »
Looking back through old support posts and FW 0.18c was mentioned several times.

Matthias had a couple recommendations:
Windows users: Sometimes Windows gets the USB drivers wrong and you need to trigger re-detection. To do so, please start the registry editor as an administrator, search for keys that contain the string “Vid_0403&Pid_97c” (Retrode identifier) and delete them all. This will basically clear Windows’ entire memory of that USB device, and next time you connect the Retrode, it will re-initialize all the drivers.

Apparently, the firmware upgrade (DFU) bootloader tends not to work on USB 3 ports. I'd suggest you try updating the firmware on an USB 2.0 port or through a hub.

One user that was having problems updating finally had success using an old laptop running XP.

« Last post by MasterOfPuppets on 25/Nov/2017 04:24:49 PM »
First I want to say thank you for all the hard work you've put into the firmware!

The Retrode has Virtual Boy dumping capabilities (I don't have a adapter, unfortunately, but would like one), but it doesn't read Red Alarm properly (maybe some others?). I realize testing would be difficult, but if you're ever looking for something else to do maybe you could contact [JonY] who built an adapter to test?

http://consolingmyself.co.uk/post/732430949/retrode-virtual-boy-adapter-build-3

Thank you again!
« Last post by Engal on 25/Nov/2017 01:49:24 PM »
I‘m very sorry, but I tried everything mentioned in the Links but nothing works....

After the workaround thing it enters dfu mode correctly, but the flashing fails at „verify device fail at 0x0000“
I tried several firmware hex for Retrode2

Also as soon as i only press the reset button a device called „Retrode Retrode 2 USB Device“ appears at device manager with some microsoft drivers... deleting, deactivating, nothing helps....

:-\
« Last post by skaman on 25/Nov/2017 06:53:59 AM »
I received the Pokemon Snap cart and it dumps both ROM and SAVE properly.  This cart uses the common 29L1100 flashram chip.

I suspect that the problem Pokemon Snap carts are using the 29L1101 flashram chip.  EDIT:  kjorteo's Pokemon Snap cart uses the common 29L1100 flashram.

I've ordered a copy of Jet Force Gemini (PAL) which apparently has a better chance of using the 29L1101 chip.

To anyone with a Pokemon Snap cart, please dump your save and report whether it works or not.  It would be of great help to open the cart and identify the flashram chip.  The flashram chip should be one of 29L1100KC-15B0, 29L1101KC-15B0, or MN63F81MPN.
I have done quite a bit of digging and could not find an answer to this particular issue. I have added a controller port to my dragonbox N64 adapter using an N64 extension cable.  I found the appropriate pinouts online and made the connections, however I am having some issues.

When I connect the controller to the adapter, the Retrode resets and windows chimes as I would expect if loading a new cartridge and pressing reset. In Windows USB Game controllers I see the 4 Retrode joysticks, however none of them detect input from the N64 controller. I tried port 2 on the pcb and got the same behavior.

The reason I started this project was to compliment the wonderful new cartridge saving support with the memory pack saving through the use of the controller port, however my memory pack is also not being detected.  I am not sure if I perhaps missed a step when wiring the controller or something else.  I tried stepping the firmware back to beta 21 but I still had the same issue. I tried all of the HID profiles available and that did not seem to help. I plugged a genesis controller into the Retrode just to make sure it was not a controller issue in general, and it was working as expected. I also tested a different N64 controller, with and without the memory pack, with and without a game, always getting the same result.  Also verified my controllers are working on a real N64. I can't think of anything else to try at this point.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciate if anyone out there has any insight into this particular setup. This may also be of interest for anyone else that is wanting to do something like this.
« Last post by skaman on 24/Nov/2017 05:40:22 PM »
You might try reinstalling the driver.

Relevant posts:
http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,134.0.html
http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,384.0.html

Pay close attention to newbie2's posts if you're having difficulty.
General Discussion / Re: Trouble Updating to v23
« Last post by newbie2 on 24/Nov/2017 01:36:29 PM »
This thread might be of help:  http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,134.0.html

Read from Reply #14 to the end.

You mean this?

"Workaround
(Note that this workaround was added in the Windows update that was released on  07/08/2014. If you are applying this update within few weeks of this date, you will need to download and manually install the update from www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx.)
To apply the workaround for a specific device, add a REG_DWORD value named SkipBOSDescriptorQuery that has a value of 1 to the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\vvvvpppprrrr
(where vvvv is the device's Vendor ID, pppp is the device's Product ID, and rrrr is the device's Revision number. You can get the VID/PID/REV numbers from the device manager's details tab. This number is encoded in the HardwareIDs of the device)
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK .
2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\UsbFlags
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
4.Type the name of the new key in the following form:
        vvvvpppprrrr
        where
        vvvv is a 4-digit hexadecimal number that identifies the vendor (idDevice from the USB Deviceescriptor),
        pppp is a 4-digit hexadecimal number that identifies the product (idVendor from the USB Device Descriptor)
        rrrr is a 4-digit binary-coded decimal number that contains the revision number of the device
              (bcdDevice from the USB Device Descriptor).
5. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
6. Type SkipBOSDescriptorQuery for the name of the DWORD Value, and then press ENTER.
7. Right-click SkipBOSDescriptorQuery, and then click Modify.
8. In the Value data box, type 1 , and then click OK.
9. Exit Registry Editor.
10. Unplug and re-plug the device for the workaround to take effect."

Did that, nothing changed. Pictures for proof in the case you might see something I did wrong.

https://isxehg.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y4pMEUi0zve5SOkYMVWYpkAA5MDR6dsFZTGogZVqCEIxnmfpY484s2AY_rPGYQpxzUvd6eyR8TfjhYbfGNxd1Px604nvgNlD6fL4Hy5r1LkRzYmPfL4eTyZErRWDaIIFsoy8Kf1N75twL4wLWupBK_KRzxKSh3YJ6d2_uxUDXERR4Hyz7Ztic0rMPyQWHTz-ERFU56gpHXbSqXXKSJoj69ORQ/regeditretrode.PNG?psid=1

https://isxdhg.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y4poZvfjMRP-dsltAxvlWtRN0xsMQ_GY4DoAJmmvgnufZcg2zgvFjKajHV0HYB6POg9tu8HhHSgIPoicKdtMMCF0_TC5kqQJY5xtx4NncFbRSS2LA0i-Etg9KSqtv6Lsj9ZFVyURuS25m8M4UYXxntmrpsDglqrBCLzUEAp28nxc2UI8-U_Vvigh0f-uoM2u6Pi5vvUTeBtx9Poq9_DzDwzEQ/devicemanagerretrode.PNG?psid=1

Apologies for providing two links and two attachments to the photos instead of an embedding. The photo button doesn't seem to be working on Microsoft Edge or something.

It looks like you incorrectly named the folder. Instead of naming it it vvvvpppprrrr (those are just variable names meant to be substituted for the VID, PID and REV numbers) you should use the hex numbers from device manager (probably 03EB2FF90000 but check to make sure)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10