Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: Progress on N64/GBA save support?
« Last post by ssokolow on 18/Sep/2017 12:40:29 AM »
N64 Cart EEPROM save support is complete.  The production N64 plugin supports EEPROM saves.  If you have a prototype N64/GBx plugin, then you'll need to add two connections - CLK and S_DATA.  I'll post pictures of a modified prototype adapter if anyone is interested.

The next BETA firmware release is on hold pending the resolution of the Paper Mario heuristics code.  Once I'm able to fix Paper Mario, then I'll release the BETA to the test group.  A public firmware release will follow after the testers have thoroughly tested the BETA firmware.

[Insert fangirlish manly squeal of delight here]

(I've got some old saves that it'll be nice to see again without having to find the time to diagnose my N64's reboot problem.)
General Discussion / Re: PC Engine/Turbografx plug in?
« Last post by Shwing on 18/Sep/2017 12:18:56 AM »
2.5mm between through holes 1 and 2.
« Last post by RazorX2014 on 17/Sep/2017 11:52:46 PM »

Sorry for the crappy picture. The through holes are approx. 2.5mm apart all around on the PC Engine PCB.

If you make the PCB with the through holes I can order one to test with my connector.

whats the distance between the bottom through holes and the top?
« Last post by Shwing on 17/Sep/2017 10:24:42 PM »

Sorry for the crappy picture. The through holes are approx. 2.5mm apart all around on the PC Engine PCB.

If you make the PCB with the through holes I can order one to test with my connector.
General Discussion / Re: Retron 5 Adapter in Retrode?
« Last post by RazorX2014 on 17/Sep/2017 10:19:21 PM »
Got everything soldered in and it works great! Did you use a dremel to modify the casing?

yes for the most part and then just some wire cutters to cut off small bits just to level it out.
i would have filed it down but i dont have any files anymore and i ran out of sand paper but i didnt worry too much about it since i was covering it anyway.
General Discussion / Re: Retron 5 Adapter in Retrode?
« Last post by Shwing on 17/Sep/2017 09:47:43 PM »
Got everything soldered in and it works great! Did you use a dremel to modify the casing?
« Last post by RazorX2014 on 17/Sep/2017 04:38:57 AM »
I can take some pictures later but compared to the game gear each row of vias is the same distance apart. The two rows however are closer together than the game gear's rows.

I measured it and the distance between 1 and 2 is the same distance as 1 and 3.

if possible send me some good pics and perhaps both next to each other and stuff like that, it would really help thanks
« Last post by Shwing on 17/Sep/2017 04:31:24 AM »
I can take some pictures later but compared to the game gear each row of vias is the same distance apart. The two rows however are closer together than the game gear's rows.

I measured it and the distance between 1 and 2 is the same distance as 1 and 3.
« Last post by RazorX2014 on 17/Sep/2017 03:41:15 AM »
Shwing if you wouldnt mind pm me some close up pics of the connector and maybe checkout how close it is to the game gear connector since from what i saw in pics it has that type of pin layout so if you can see if it matches it but has more or less pins that would be great and easy for me to then make the connector myself on eagle.
« Last post by RazorX2014 on 17/Sep/2017 03:19:29 AM »
I actually have a spare HuCard connector from a broken PC Engine I bought. I have the original PCB it was connected to as well. Anything I can do with that?
what do you mean as far as what you can do with it?
also im looking into getting the files needed to add that connector too but without having one myself i just gotta see what i can do or stick with 2 SIBF-20-F-S-AD and modify them so they will work since they are easy to get but if you are talking about donating it to me i certainly wouldnt say no :D

but as i said if i can i will have it setup to use the original connector as well as those.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]