Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Desperate for a retrode
« Last post by Sfm15 on 16/Feb/2017 03:38:54 AM »
Hey guys, I am desperate to get my hands on a retrode. If you are willing to sell one to me PLEASE message me.
Thanks
Support / Re: Using the Retrode2 with a 32X and a 32X game
« Last post by Aleron Ives on 15/Feb/2017 10:41:11 PM »
I dumped several 32X carts with my Retrode by removing the Retrode board from its case, and the ROMs all work fine. I did get the option to copy the save files, but since I bought the games used for the purpose of dumping them with the Retrode, I don't know if the save data was valid, as I didn't use it (and it may have already expired or been erased by the previous owner).
Support / Using the Retrode2 with a 32X and a 32X game
« Last post by Knight of Time on 15/Feb/2017 09:14:05 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm considering buying a Sega 32X and at least one of the games for it (most likely just Knuckles Chaotix) in the future, and while I did hear that the Retrode2 is compatible with 32X cartridges as long as the 32X is put in the thing first, I have a question, does the Retrode2 allow save data to be copied from a 32X cartridge to the computer or from the computer to the 32X cartridge?  I'm just crossing my fingers that the 32X itself doesn't "get in the way" when it comes to reading the contents of the 32X cartridge on a computer.
Since one of the threads you linked refers to Brain Lord: A long time ago, justin89 provided a patch which he said includes "a way to read/write SNES Brain Lord and Robotrek saves" (among other things). I didn't manage to merge that patch yet.

A lot has changed in the firmware architecture since the revision that justin89's patch is based on, so the merge isn't trivial.

And there, I'm right out of time for another week.
Okay, I managed to get the Retrode firmware updated, so thanks for the help guys.

While I was playing Sonic 3, I set my save directory (for SRAM saves) to C:/Emulation, and managed to get a save there with the Retrode, but how can I transfer that save to the Retrode without having it overwritten with a new, blank save?
As stated in the title, the Retrode doesn't seem able to read the SRAM for certain Enix games on the Super Nintendo. The ROM reads fine, but the SRAM file is just filled with Fs (see attached). I'm using a Retrode 2 with the default configuration file, and I've tried this with firmware v0.19 and v0.21. I haven't noticed this problem with any other games.

I've seen this problem mentioned in other threads (here and here), but without any kind of resolution.

Has anyone discovered a workaround for this issue? Is this problem something that could be addressed with a future firmware update? I'd be glad to volunteer my time to work on this; I have some background in computer programming and electrical engineering, so please let me know what I could do to help.
The instructions should work. I use Windows 7 too.

You press the buttons to reset it, the device will sound like it went off and then in device manager you will see the device with the numbers indicated in the instructions. Don't unplug it or anything.

At this point you start the software Flip. Follow instructions as they were listed and it should work. :)
Support / Re: Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World Overdumped
« Last post by KingMike on 07/Feb/2017 06:06:52 AM »
Zero Wing (JP): $D07D (big-endian) (internal header)
CRC32: 7E203D2B
MD5: 9647D8EC9183F3EC9F944D5EA49A99A9
SHA-1: FAD499E21AC55A3B8513110DC1F6E3F6CDECA8DD
Thanks, but for some reason I'm having quite a hard time updating my Retrode2 to have the new firmware (I followed the instructions on retrode.org as best as I could, but Windows keeps telling me I have the latest firmware on it which I know isn't true; if it helps I have Windows 7).  Is there an alternate way to get the update installed successfully, or a program I can go into on the computer that'll help me out?

Thanks again.

General Discussion / Re: Feature suggestions
« Last post by Mrnoname on 06/Feb/2017 12:23:13 AM »
I figured tampering with the filesystem would cause some problems. No worries though, "moving" the file in my experience just copies it, since it's on an external drive.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10