Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by Eureka on 08/Nov/2017 09:25:54 AM »
Thank you SO MUCH for figuring this out! My N64 plugin finally works and I can archive my cart saves to PC!

I do have to report that, after testing all the carts I own, Retrode did not detect a save file on my Majora's Mask cart.

EDIT: You said .EEP files didn't need to be altered in any way to work with emulators; this doesn't appear to be the case. Project64 couldn't read any of them.
General Discussion / Re: Need a bit of help making a Mark III adapter
« Last post by Aleron Ives on 07/Nov/2017 08:01:43 AM »
Awesome! I've been waiting for somebody to work on the Mark III. My Phantasy Star cart is also eager to be dumped. ;)
General Discussion / Re: Need a bit of help making a Mark III adapter
« Last post by skaman on 07/Nov/2017 05:35:04 AM »
I've built a working Mark III to Retrode plugin.  I'm using a slightly modified Eagle autorouted layout PCB with the Mark III connector sold by Tototek.

I'm able to dump the two Mark III carts that I have -  Phantasy Star and R-Type.  Using the BETA SMS/GG v0.24 firmware, I'm also able to read the Phantasy Star save.

I'll post more details soon...

Here are some pictures:

I still need to cut a case for it...
« Last post by skaman on 06/Nov/2017 01:54:03 AM »
It might be better to say that mine is a "portable" or "cross-platform" alternative, since there's nothing that should prevent it from working on Windows.

(ie. If it doesn't work on Windows, it's a bug that will be found and squashed when I have time to get back to working on it and set up AppVeyor CI testing.)

In fact, when I have time to get back to work on it, the partially written optional GUI was envisioned specifically to provide an alternative to ED64-Saveswap for people with over-sensitive virus scanners that hate AutoIt scripts.

Done. :)

Linux users looking to use their saves with Mupen 64 using the libretro core should read these posts:
http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,154.msg2692.html#msg2692
http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,154.msg2695.html#msg2695
« Last post by ssokolow on 06/Nov/2017 12:57:44 AM »
It might be better to say that mine is a "portable" or "cross-platform" alternative, since there's nothing that should prevent it from working on Windows.

(ie. If it doesn't work on Windows, it's a bug that will be found and squashed when I have time to get back to working on it and set up AppVeyor CI testing.)

In fact, when I have time to get back to work on it, the partially written optional GUI was envisioned specifically to provide an alternative to ED64-Saveswap for people with over-sensitive virus scanners that hate AutoIt scripts.
General Discussion / Re: Progress on N64/GBA save support?
« Last post by ssokolow on 06/Nov/2017 12:43:45 AM »
Thank you! The script as it is today is fantastic and support for converting to the Libretro core would make it even greater!

Glad I could help. :)

Also, in case you missed it, I did some similar itch-scratching with regard to updating Retrode firmware on Linux.

(Basically, a convenient little shell-script frontend for dfu-programmer because I kept having to go back and re-read the instructions and it got tedious. Not tested on OSX but should theoretically work there too if you're going the dfu-programmer route.)
« Last post by RazorX2014 on 05/Nov/2017 07:18:41 PM »
Yes, single wire from CLOCK pin to the cart edge connector.

I was going to do the mod anyway since the CLOCK is needed for the GG EEPROM save carts.  I didn't know about it also being needed for some Codemasters carts.

The SMS connector also lacks the CLOCK connection.  I'm waiting on a SMS Codemasters cart to check before I add that connection.

I'll document everything if I get it working.  I'm going to release the SMS/GG BETA as is since it isn't my code that is the problem.  If I can get the CLOCK mod working then I'll release an updated BETA with any code changes.

thanks, i have the official sms plugin with an added game gear connector so if there is a mod i can do to improve it more thats even better.
« Last post by skaman on 05/Nov/2017 06:46:19 PM »
Yes, single wire from CLOCK pin to the cart edge connector.

I was going to do the mod anyway since the CLOCK is needed for the GG EEPROM save carts.  I didn't know about it also being needed for some Codemasters carts.

The SMS connector also lacks the CLOCK connection.  I'm waiting on a SMS Codemasters cart to check before I add that connection.

I'll document everything if I get it working.  I'm going to release the SMS/GG BETA as is since it isn't my code that is the problem.  If I can get the CLOCK mod working then I'll release an updated BETA with any code changes.
« Last post by RazorX2014 on 05/Nov/2017 05:53:14 PM »
Yes, SEGA SMS/GG BETA firmware should be distributed to the BETA test group later today.

UPDATE:  There will be a delay in distributing the SMS/GG BETA.  I picked up a GG Codemasters cart (Micro Machines) that doesn't read properly with the Codemasters code that I implemented for GG Ernie Els Golf.  More testing to do...

UPDATE:  Looks like some Codemasters carts need the CLOCK for the mapper to work properly.  GG Ernie Els dumps properly without the CLOCK but others may not.  Unfortunately, the GG CLOCK pin is not connected on the production SMS adapter.
how easy can this be added, would it just be a single wire?
Support / Cannot grab sram from Game Boy Camera
« Last post by sirmirkr on 04/Nov/2017 09:34:53 PM »
Hello,

I've been trying to grab the sram from my GB Camera but without success. On firmware versions .18d-beta3 and newer, the sram file is not detected by the Retrode 2 at all; on older firmware versions, the sram is shown but at an incorrect size of 1024 kB (it should be 128 kB, right?). I tried the Game Boy Camera Dump program with this 1024 kB sram file anyway, but it only showed the game face from the cart, and all 30 pictures were garbled. The save and photos on the cart are still intact.

In the retrode.cfg I've tried setting the force detection as below, but it hasn't helped with the sram file:

[forceSystem] gboy
[forceSize] 128
[forceMapper] 0

I've read through these topics but haven't had much luck either:

http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,295.msg1952.html#msg1952

http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,324.msg2188.html#msg2188

http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,335.msg2334.html#msg2334

I'm loving the new N64 save support, by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]