Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Discussion / Re: Feature suggestions
« Last post by Aleron Ives on 27/Sep/2016 10:12:07 PM »
From reading the other thread about this, I got the impression that the SMS plugin won't work, because the Japanese pinout is different, and the SMS plugin only works with the Western pinout. If this isn't the case and a firmware update can enable Japanese cart support with the SMS plugin, then that would be great.
« Last post by ericbazinga on 27/Sep/2016 07:34:27 PM »
Am I correct in thinking that the official Power Base Converter, as well as the Power Base Mini and Power Base Mini FM adapters would work for dumping Japanese carts once somebody has added firmware support for them?
No, otherwise there wouldn't be an official Retrode adapter for the Master System.
« Last post by Aleron Ives on 26/Sep/2016 09:31:04 PM »
Am I correct in thinking that the official Power Base Converter, as well as the Power Base Mini and Power Base Mini FM adapters would work for dumping Japanese carts once somebody has added firmware support for them?
Support / Re: Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World Overdumped
« Last post by Aleron Ives on 25/Sep/2016 09:47:40 PM »
BTW, each checksum only applies to a particular version of the game. What name (including region/version information) does the No-intro database return for the 9F27 game?
I assume you're asking for the dat-o-matic page for the game, which is here:

http://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=show_record&s=49&n=2756

I have the US cart, but there is also an EU cart of the same size; however, the database doesn't list cartridge checksums, only ROM dump checksums, so I guess there's no way to know what the header checksum is to let the Retrode detect the EU cart until somebody reports their dump of it.

As for Zero Wing, the EU version's checksum is 95C9, if you want to add auto size detection for that title.

All your checksum are belong to us. ;D
Support / Re: Gameboy Camera Not Reading Properly After 1.9 Update
« Last post by Wannado on 25/Sep/2016 07:25:19 PM »
I added support for GB SRAM sizes 64 kiB and 128 kiB in v0.20 beta (see the post in the "Megadrive SRM ..." thread). This will hopefully enable access to GB Camera saves (128 kiB).
General Discussion / New firmware beta: v0.20 beta
« Last post by Wannado on 25/Sep/2016 07:05:39 PM »
I sent it to Matthias two weeks ago, but maybe it was lost or he just didn't have time to upload it, so to speed things up, I'm posting it here (see attachments).

See the enclosed readme.txt for details.

Note that I can only perform few tests on each release. In this case, I didn't even have the means to verify that the bug fixes had their intended effects. I only tested that a few other things still work as before.

I couldn't test some of the log messages I added, so the logfile variant might freeze or otherwise misbehave.

Update 2016-10-29: Meanwhile, gliitch and Pickle have performed some tests, see reply #14.
Update 2016-11-14: WARNING: The computed SRAM size is still wrong, see reply #19.
General Discussion / Re: Megadrive SRM Saving issue..getting closer to solving..
« Last post by Nori on 25/Sep/2016 06:10:00 PM »
Great. Can't wait to try it out.  :D
General Discussion / Re: Remapping the buttons?
« Last post by Wannado on 25/Sep/2016 05:37:42 PM »
Are you requesting that the built-in button mappings should map similar (function/name) buttons to the same index, for example as in the table below?
MD:StartModeABCXYZ
SNES:StartSelectABLXYR

I currently don't have time to look into this more deeply, but I'll keep your post bookmarked and get back to it after finishing my work on the open-source release and the NES plug-in.

Still, everybody feel free to discuss the feature here. :)
Support / Re: Cant dump the n64 test cart and gameboy test cart roms.
« Last post by Wannado on 25/Sep/2016 05:11:52 PM »
Sorry for taking so long to respond.

When I wrote my first reply, I somehow thought those were developer cartridges with test versions of games. Now I finally understood that those cartridges are tools used by support engineers to test console hardware.

As such, the test cartridges are designed to detect any deviation from the expected behavior of a real console. This feature might prevent the Retrode (which certainly does not behave exactly like a real N64 or GB) from reading the ROM properly. For example, a test cartridge might lock up intentionally to prevent taking damage (from operation in a broken console).

There is no easy way to find the real cause of the issue. The cartridges might have to be reverse engineered. I cannot do that. Performing firmware experiments seems to risky to me at this time, given so little information about the test cartridges' design.

The header data from the GB cartridge looks plausible. But I have no idea where the random part comes from, or what the section before the header is usually used for.
« Last post by Wannado on 25/Sep/2016 04:25:39 PM »
Well, I cannot do that now. Someone else might try it after the open-source release (which is the top item on my to-do list now, but nevertheless far from completion).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]