Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Support / Spiritual Warfare GB
« Last post by Joxer_the_Mighty on 17/Jan/2017 01:52:02 PM »
Spiritual Warfare is an unlicensed game published by Wisdom Tree for the GB (they also made it for the NES & PC). I'm attempting to dump the ROM with the GB adapter sold by Dragon Box, but have not had any luck so far. When I plug the Retrode into my computer with the adapter & game inserted, it acts like there is no game at all. I'm just curious if anyone has run into this before. I've successfully dumped my other gameboy games, just not this one.
Support / Re: Super 3d Noah's Ark
« Last post by Joxer_the_Mighty on 17/Jan/2017 01:07:12 PM »
Just wanted to give an update. I took the case off the retrode and was able to successfully dump the ROM. Haven't played it too much yet, but when I started the game in an emulator it gave a bad checksum error but seemed to still play.
General Discussion / Re: Dangerous to leave Retrode connected 24/7?
« Last post by DaManWitDaPlan on 08/Jan/2017 02:01:51 AM »
Perfect, thank you!
General Discussion / Re: Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 on Nintendo Power Cartridge
« Last post by Wannado on 05/Jan/2017 06:15:25 PM »
You might try it again with "[forceSystem] SNES" in RETRODE.CFG. Don't forget to revert the setting to "auto" before using (since v0.19 beta: the same slot of) the Retrode with games from other systems.

The auto-detection for SNES games looks for the game name stored in the ROM at a known address. In this case, it failed to recognize the data as a valid name, maybe because it's in Japanese.

The false positive for A2600 is not the reason that SNES was skipped; SNES is tried before A2600.
It seems to default to detecting it as a 2600 game. :P
General Discussion / Re: Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 on Nintendo Power Cartridge
« Last post by Wannado on 04/Jan/2017 04:44:11 PM »
@KingMike: Thank you for trying. What did the Retrode show for that cartridge? A smaller .sfc file? Or just "GenericRomInSnesSlot.dat"?
The game cartridge provides no suitable connection that would allow the Retrode to directly sense the presence of the battery, measure its voltage, etc.

The battery is supposed to power only the save RAM, not the other ICs of the cartridge. Also, it must not be "charged" by the regular supply voltage from the NES/... (there is at least one diode in the cartridge to prevent this). I therefore believe that the battery is "isolated" so that its voltage cannot be measured through the cartridge connector, not even at the cartridge's power supply pins.

The Retrode can only look at the data in the game's RAM and make a guess if that's meaningful game data (battery backed) or just what that particular RAM chip likes to initialize with.
This is going to sound stupid (and I already apologize a ton before even asking it)... but....

Upon reading the updates, I spotted : battery flag issue

Would there be a way to... indicate how much life is left on a battery?  I am the furthest thing from an electrical engineer, but I had to make an account and ask.

I already feel like a fool asking  :-X
Last time I inquired they said that those weren't available (though they might change their mind when an order of 10kpcs comes in)
General Discussion / Re: Dangerous to leave Retrode connected 24/7?
« Last post by Matthias_H on 03/Jan/2017 08:33:08 AM »
No problem. The Retrode doesn't dissipate a lot of power when idle. I'd recommend to take the cartridges out though, just to be on the safe side.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]