Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by skaman on 15/Aug/2018 08:43:54 PM »
Diagonal resistor was on the older board revision.  V0.4 PCB places them vertically.
« Last post by idiotproof on 15/Aug/2018 02:47:11 PM »
My board already had the vertical resistors soldered in. Mempaks were showing up but corrupted when loaded into Project64. Took them out and solder 1 220 diagonal same as here http://forum.retrode.org/index.php?topic=386.0 now no Mempaks show up
General Discussion / Re: SEGA SMS/GG Firmware (FW v0.24)
« Last post by bsittler on 14/Aug/2018 02:33:45 PM »
FYI, Peter byemu (famulator)'s "Lithium"/"Tengu" MD dumper seems to be electrically compatible with skaman's Retrode2 Mark III plugin. Using that combination, I was able to dump five problematic SG-1000 cartridges (Orguss, Star Jacker, Girl's Garden, Flicky, and Congo Bongo.) I'm not yet sure why the Retrode2 only sees 0xFF for these, but at least there does exist a Mass Storage-compatible dumper that can read them. Note that the dumps will need to be deinterleaved (discard all even byte locations, they all read as 0xFF) and truncated (these old games are headerless, they all seem to work with final length 32768 bytes.)
« Last post by skaman on 11/Aug/2018 05:53:46 PM »
On another note, is there anything additional required to get Mempaks working in project 64, i.e. do they need converted or anything like .fla files? I soldered an N64 extension cord to the new N64 plugin and it picks up the Mempak from the controller. However when I test it using TWINE it says the pak is corrupted and forces a reset

Did you add the 220R resistors to the board?  Another poster was asking about connecting a controller to the plugin and I was reminded about the resistors.  They're 1/4W resistors soldered in vertically on the v0.4 PCB.
Support / Re: Connecting official N64 controllers to Retrode 2
« Last post by skaman on 10/Aug/2018 09:23:36 PM »
You can get an N64 controller extension cable and cut it.  Solder the wires to the plugin PCB.  You'll need to also solder 220R resistors onto the board.

More details here: 
http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,375.0.html
http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,386.0.html
Support / Connecting official N64 controllers to Retrode 2
« Last post by RocknRollTim on 10/Aug/2018 08:49:46 PM »
Hi all,

Hope you can help. I have got a Retrode 2 which I want to connect my official N64 controllers in order to play my N64 games. I have purchased the N64 plugin for the Retrode 2 but cannot find any ports to support the N64 controllers on the N64 plugin. I thought there were ports on the N64 plugin to support N64 controllers? Is there any other way in order for me to connect my N64 controllers to my Retrode 2? Your help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim
« Last post by skaman on 09/Aug/2018 09:32:02 AM »
Ok.  I picked up another copy of Pokemon Snap (U) with the 29L1100.  I initially could not get the save read properly.  I cleaned the pins and retested the cart.  The initial save data showed areas with incorrect (address) data.  I removed the cart from the plugin, reinserted it, and then tested the read.  After a few times of reinserting the cart, the save data showed up complete and intact.  My second copy of Pokemon Snap now reads out completely.

My suggestion to anyone experiencing save data corruption is to clean the cart pins first.  If the data is still corrupt, then remove the cart and reinsert it into the plugin.  The cart pins are most likely oxidized and may need multiple insertions to get through the oxidation.
General Discussion / Re: DIY SMS/Game Gear Plug-in?
« Last post by Lylat1an on 02/Aug/2018 09:32:47 PM »
The only additional wiring needed would be if you wanted to read Codemasters carts.

Not really, I'm mostly interested in the Sonic titles.

Thank you.
« Last post by skaman on 02/Aug/2018 09:21:03 PM »
The only additional wiring needed would be if you wanted to read Codemasters carts.
« Last post by Lylat1an on 02/Aug/2018 07:29:28 PM »
I have a SMS plug-in on the way and just ordered a GG connector.

When they arrive will I simply need to align the GG pins with holes in the board and solder them into place, or will I need to do some fancy wiring?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10