Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by skaman on 02/Aug/2018 05:30:21 PM »
I've never worked with the Mempak so I don't know.  I'll try to run some tests later.
« Last post by idiotproof on 02/Aug/2018 04:47:21 PM »
Thannks for the info. Got the DK 64 save to work (was using an old US ROM). Dumped my cart and the save works with it. No such luck with the Pokemon snap rom as it was dumped directly from my cart. It works fine but the save as you already know doesn't. Will try reverting the firmware and trying a few different USB ports to see if that works.

On another note, is there anything additional required to get Mempaks working in project 64, i.e. do they need converted or anything like .fla files? I soldered an N64 extension cord to the new N64 plugin and it picks up the Mempak from the controller. However when I test it using TWINE it says the pak is corrupted and forces a reset
« Last post by skaman on 02/Aug/2018 09:20:57 AM »
After I looked at the Pokemon Snap save, I vaguely recalled that another poster had mentioned problems with their save.

The previously reported problem was on a US Pokemon Snap cart.  The issue was exactly the same.  If you look in the save file at 0x8000-0xEFFF, that is not valid save data.  The data written is actually the block address that the Retrode is trying to read.

I could not duplicate the issue with my US Pokemon Snap (29L1100) cart.  Other testers did not report any problems with their carts.

I'm not sure why the two carts have issues specifically at those addresses.  It could be a power or timing issue related to the flashram chip.  Try connecting the Retrode to different USB connections and redump the save.  Check to see if the data at 0x8000-0xEFFF changes.

Good Luck!
General Discussion / Re: DIY SMS/Game Gear Plug-in?
« Last post by skaman on 02/Aug/2018 03:37:40 AM »
Dragonbox currently showing the Retrode and all plugins IN STOCK.

You can get a Game Gear cart connector to add to the SMS Plugin here:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Gear-45-pin-Slot-/273379376160

Take Care!
« Last post by skaman on 01/Aug/2018 10:39:24 AM »
The Donkey Kong save works for me in PJ64.

The Pokemon Snap save looks like it has correct save data but I couldn't get it to work after saveswapping the file.

Could you try reverting the Retrode FW to v0.23 or v0.23a and redump the Pokemon Snap save?

Good Luck!
« Last post by idiotproof on 31/Jul/2018 06:16:22 PM »
Unable to dump Pokemon Snap correctly and Donkey Kong 64 on .25a-beta firmware. Saves both showing up on the N64 but wont work with project 64. Chip in Pokemon snap is 29L1100KC. Save files look OK to me in HEX editor
General Discussion / Re: Remapping the buttons?
« Last post by ICEknight on 28/Jul/2018 02:53:36 AM »
After some thought, I think the second idea would be actually the cleanest solution, maybe with full button names so that there would be no conflicts in case that this is eventually implemented for other more complex systems (like N64's directional C buttons and stuff like that). So something like:

Code: [Select]
[mdButtons] B C A X Z Y START MODE          #    Buttons in the order in which they'll be assigned when connected through the USB port (Example: START MODE A B C X Y Z)

I really hope that somebody can implement it sometime...
General Discussion / Re: SEGA SMS/GG Firmware (FW v0.24)
« Last post by skaman on 20/Jul/2018 08:27:47 PM »
Ran across an eBay listing for Game Gear slots:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Game-Gear-45-pin-Slot/283019404463

In case anyone was looking for one and didn't want to pull one from a console.
General Discussion / Re: What is Going on With the Kazzo NES Dumper?
« Last post by mistermorcus on 17/Jul/2018 06:48:40 PM »
I actually happen to know the answer to this. There was a project on Kickstarter called NESMaker and the project creators apparently made a deal with the folks at InfiniteLives to produce a new version of the Kazzo (and potentially updated firmware?) to go with the NESMaker software.  I think they are busy trying to finish everything to get the hardware fulfillment in for people that backed at that tier.

The NESMaker software is a front-end that helps users dynamically make their own NES games without ever actually writing or knowing the underlying code.  This will allow people to make their own nes game carts using the Kazzo.

I got my Kazzo from them a year or two ago and it was quickly delivered. Hopefully once the Kickstarter stuff gets sorted out they will be back to business as usual.
Support / Re: About to Buy A Retrode 2. A Few Questions.
« Last post by Damned on 12/Jul/2018 05:10:14 PM »
I have another question. Apparently the reason the GBX can't dump multi game gba carts is that it dumps only the game selector. In the thread I read, forcing the Retrode to detect the cart size via editing the [forcesize] option in the config file should produce a good dump. However, it would appear that it only supports integer values. So if I wanted to dump Super Mario Advance 4, which is apparently 2.43 mb according to No-Intro, would I just put 3 as the value in [forcesize]?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10