Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by Eureka on 08/Nov/2017 09:34:03 PM »
Thank you SO MUCH for figuring this out! My N64 plugin finally works and I can archive my cart saves to PC!

I do have to report that, after testing all the carts I own, Retrode did not detect a save file on my Majora's Mask cart.

EDIT: You said .EEP files didn't need to be altered in any way to work with emulators; this doesn't appear to be the case. Project64 couldn't read any of them.

Which region/version of Majora's Mask is the cart?  Try setting [saveReadonly] to 1 then read the Majora's Mask cart.

Do the .EEP files contain data or all FFs?  Are you using the early N64/GBx plugin or the later N64 plugin?
The Majora cart is the original NTSC release with the lenticular label. "Savereadonly" is already set to 1. I'm using Retrode 2 and the plugin built specifically for N64 carts (the one that says "Plug-In 64" on the label). I don't understand the "files" question.

I put the saves in the "Save" folder of Project64; it's where it gets them from. But I get a "Failed to open EEPROM" message when I try to use them.

You mentioned something about setting the voltage to 3.3V; that is something I forgot to do the first time. But when I dumped the saves again on the correct setting, I got the same results. The Majora cart did finally detect a save, though.

Of course it's an .FLA which means I can't test it immediately. That save-altering program you linked to is all Greek to me -- I have little experience with command line programs so I don't know how to use it. I do know that the .EEP files don't work.
« Last post by skaman on 08/Nov/2017 10:38:35 AM »
Thank you SO MUCH for figuring this out! My N64 plugin finally works and I can archive my cart saves to PC!

I do have to report that, after testing all the carts I own, Retrode did not detect a save file on my Majora's Mask cart.

EDIT: You said .EEP files didn't need to be altered in any way to work with emulators; this doesn't appear to be the case. Project64 couldn't read any of them.

Which region/version of Majora's Mask is the cart?  Try setting [saveReadonly] to 1 then read the Majora's Mask cart.

Do the .EEP files contain data or all FFs?  Are you using the early N64/GBx plugin or the later N64 plugin?
« Last post by Pat1986 on 08/Nov/2017 10:37:45 AM »
Maybe the save folder path is wrong?
« Last post by Eureka on 08/Nov/2017 09:25:54 AM »

General Discussion / Re: Need a bit of help making a Mark III adapter
« Last post by Aleron Ives on 07/Nov/2017 08:01:43 AM »
Awesome! I've been waiting for somebody to work on the Mark III. My Phantasy Star cart is also eager to be dumped. ;)
General Discussion / Re: Need a bit of help making a Mark III adapter
« Last post by skaman on 07/Nov/2017 05:35:04 AM »
I've built a working Mark III to Retrode plugin.  I'm using a slightly modified Eagle autorouted layout PCB with the Mark III connector sold by Tototek.

I'm able to dump the two Mark III carts that I have -  Phantasy Star and R-Type.  Using the BETA SMS/GG v0.24 firmware, I'm also able to read the Phantasy Star save.

I'll post more details soon...

Here are some pictures:

I still need to cut a case for it...
« Last post by skaman on 06/Nov/2017 01:54:03 AM »
It might be better to say that mine is a "portable" or "cross-platform" alternative, since there's nothing that should prevent it from working on Windows.

(ie. If it doesn't work on Windows, it's a bug that will be found and squashed when I have time to get back to working on it and set up AppVeyor CI testing.)

In fact, when I have time to get back to work on it, the partially written optional GUI was envisioned specifically to provide an alternative to ED64-Saveswap for people with over-sensitive virus scanners that hate AutoIt scripts.

Done. :)

Linux users looking to use their saves with Mupen 64 using the libretro core should read these posts:
http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,154.msg2692.html#msg2692
http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,154.msg2695.html#msg2695
« Last post by ssokolow on 06/Nov/2017 12:57:44 AM »
It might be better to say that mine is a "portable" or "cross-platform" alternative, since there's nothing that should prevent it from working on Windows.

(ie. If it doesn't work on Windows, it's a bug that will be found and squashed when I have time to get back to working on it and set up AppVeyor CI testing.)

In fact, when I have time to get back to work on it, the partially written optional GUI was envisioned specifically to provide an alternative to ED64-Saveswap for people with over-sensitive virus scanners that hate AutoIt scripts.
General Discussion / Re: Progress on N64/GBA save support?
« Last post by ssokolow on 06/Nov/2017 12:43:45 AM »
Thank you! The script as it is today is fantastic and support for converting to the Libretro core would make it even greater!

Glad I could help. :)

Also, in case you missed it, I did some similar itch-scratching with regard to updating Retrode firmware on Linux.

(Basically, a convenient little shell-script frontend for dfu-programmer because I kept having to go back and re-read the instructions and it got tedious. Not tested on OSX but should theoretically work there too if you're going the dfu-programmer route.)
« Last post by RazorX2014 on 05/Nov/2017 07:18:41 PM »
Yes, single wire from CLOCK pin to the cart edge connector.

I was going to do the mod anyway since the CLOCK is needed for the GG EEPROM save carts.  I didn't know about it also being needed for some Codemasters carts.

The SMS connector also lacks the CLOCK connection.  I'm waiting on a SMS Codemasters cart to check before I add that connection.

I'll document everything if I get it working.  I'm going to release the SMS/GG BETA as is since it isn't my code that is the problem.  If I can get the CLOCK mod working then I'll release an updated BETA with any code changes.

thanks, i have the official sms plugin with an added game gear connector so if there is a mod i can do to improve it more thats even better.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10