Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: SNES Enhanced Cart Support (BETA)
« Last post by skaman on 21/Jun/2017 01:05:01 AM »
Quick update.  BETA firmware with Sufami Turbo support and the BS-X Memory Pak fix is in the hands of the testers.

I'm working on one last addition which is the Nintendo Power (SF Memory Cassette) flash mapping.  My plan is to make the flash map files read only as there's too much potential to brick your NP cart when you play around with the mapping.  I'll probably make the displaying of the mapping files an option in the config file.  Once the mapping code is done then a final BETA will go out for testing followed by a full release for everyone.
« Last post by skaman on 19/Jun/2017 09:54:50 PM »
Quick update.  I fixed the problem with the BS-X cart reading memory paks.  It is now possible to read memory paks using the BS-X cart,  Special LoROM, and HiROM carts.  I also finished adding support for the Sufami Turbo carts.

A new BETA release will be going out to testers soon.
General Discussion / Re: Finally: New Plugins in stock
« Last post by EvilDragon on 18/Jun/2017 03:03:59 PM »
I've got a designer at hand, so if you like, I can let him design the production PCB from your schematics.
General Discussion / Re: Desperate for a retrode
« Last post by EvilDragon on 18/Jun/2017 03:03:14 PM »
Just a quick info:
All parts are gathered, production run is planned for end of June / early July.
General Discussion / Re: 3D Model to 3D print a new shell w/ Pi
« Last post by EvilDragon on 18/Jun/2017 03:01:43 PM »
I'll look for the 3D data, but it wasn't fully finished yet.
« Last post by skaman on 17/Jun/2017 10:01:50 AM »
Quick update.  BETA firmware with the BS Satellaview support is in the hands of the testers. 

I've decided to finish off the SNES cart list by adding support for the Sufami Turbo adapter and carts.  Sufami Turbo carts are mapped based on the slot used in the adapter.

One potential firmware problem is that a Sufami Turbo adapter with both slots filled could require 5 files (3 ROM files and 2 SRAM files).  Hopefully I won't hit any hardware limitations when creating the 5 files.  If I manage to get it all working, then there will be an updated BETA.
« Last post by ssokolow on 16/Jun/2017 12:19:00 PM »
This evokes mixed feelings in me.

On the one hand, I'm very happy.

On the other hand, "Dammit! It took me far too long to stop dwelling on my desire to play Super Mario RPG again the first time around! Who knows how long it'll be until this is ready, ready-made adapters are available, I've ordered and received one, and I've re-bought an SMRPG cartridge!"

(I have a very strict policy about neither pirating nor paying for games unless they're available on my terms in order to ensure I can't contribute to companies' delusions that all they need is more DRM or that Steam-like eStores are acceptable... a policy that led me to buy a Retrode and to continue to eBay cartridges because I refuse to financially endorse the Nintendo Virtual Console... and I only play ROMs I personally dumped from my own cartridges in order to flip the bird at Nintendo's policy on emulation.)
« Last post by skaman on 10/Jun/2017 08:28:47 AM »
Quick update.  BS Satellaview ROM and SRAM reading works for all carts (SA-1 carts using the Enhanced cart adapter).  Memory Pak reading works only on the Special LoROM and HiROM carts.  I wasn't able to get the communication with the registers needed to enable Memory Pak reading on the BS-X or SA-1 carts.

I'm working on an updated BETA that will include the BS Satellaview support.  If anyone is interested in testing it, then please let me know.  You'll need one of the BS carts (NO BS-X or SA-1) and a Memory Pak or Same Game Data Pak.

In case anyone cares, the SD Gundam GNext Map & Data Collection Pak was only readable on the matching SD Gundam cart (this was using my Arduino based cart reader).  Unfortunately, there's no way to read the SD Gundam (BS SA-1) Memory Pak slot using the Retrode at least based on my testing.
« Last post by MasterOfPuppets on 03/Jun/2017 10:35:05 PM »
Quick update.  The BETA firmware for both Retrode versions is in the hands of the testers.  Some SRAM bugs were found and fixed.  A couple testers went through a large number of carts testing the firmware.  Testing is ongoing.

I'm working on adding BS Satellaview support to the firmware.  It is possible to read the BS carts and memory paks with the Retrode.  The firmware isn't quite ready for release as not every combination of cart + memory pak is working.   It should be possible to read the memory paks from all of the BS carts except the BS-X cart (due to limitations of the Retrode hardware).  As of right now, the BS Special LoROM carts work perfectly reading out the cart, SRAM, and memory pak.  I'm still working on the BS HiROM carts and BS SA-1 carts.

Awesome news! Many thanks to you and all the testers!
« Last post by skaman on 03/Jun/2017 02:55:16 AM »
Quick update.  The BETA firmware for both Retrode versions is in the hands of the testers.  Some SRAM bugs were found and fixed.  A couple testers went through a large number of carts testing the firmware.  Testing is ongoing.

I'm working on adding BS Satellaview support to the firmware.  It is possible to read the BS carts and memory paks with the Retrode.  The firmware isn't quite ready for release as not every combination of cart + memory pak is working.   It should be possible to read the memory paks from all of the BS carts except the BS-X cart (due to limitations of the Retrode hardware).  As of right now, the BS Special LoROM carts work perfectly reading out the cart, SRAM, and memory pak.  I'm still working on the BS HiROM carts and BS SA-1 carts.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10