Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Support / Re: StarFlight (Sega Genesis) missing RAM file. ROM file ok.
« Last post by bluegrassjedi on 03/Dec/2017 07:03:02 AM »
Can't wait for that next .24 FW release.  8)

Just for confirmation:
FW .24a-beta will not read the RAM file for Starflight, only the ROM file.
That's ok though. You said the next FW .24 release should.
Hi guys,

Lately I've noticed that all 3 plugins and their transparent equivalents have all become out of stock on DragonBox, anyone know when they'll be available again?  I'm hoping there is a new batch of them out around Christmas time (or just before the new year begins), as I plan to buy a N64 plugin when I get the chance if I get some Christmas money.

So yeah, if they become available, can someone either PM me or let me know here in the topic, please?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the help guys.  I put the resistors in and it works great now, mempak files and controller both. I love the Retrode!!
You would connect the 220R resistors vertically.  The picture with the diagonal resistors is on an earlier PCB version.

Here's a picture of my v0.4 plugin with the resistors installed:

that's what mine looks like inside but i bought mine, i don't know like 2 years ago maybe
You would connect the 220R resistors vertically.  The picture with the diagonal resistors is on an earlier PCB version.

Here's a picture of my v0.4 plugin with the resistors installed:
I attached a photo that shows how all of the connections are made.  I also included a picture of the unit closed up in case anyone wanted to see a picture of that. I liked this solution since I did not have to modify the unit itself, and I could take it back to stock if I wanted to.

I did some more research and noticed in the older PCB with the ports included, that there is a resistor connected to the cartridge pins. On my board it is labeled 220R. I am assuming that is probably the reason it is not working but I could not say for sure.  If it is the problem, would I just connect that resistor up the same way as in the photo as it goes across from one set of pins to the other?

Thanks again for any help you can offer.
Please post photos to illustrate what exactly you did.
General Discussion / Re: Trouble Updating to v23
« Last post by WolfBoy980 on 26/Nov/2017 06:50:51 AM »
This thread might be of help:  http://forum.retrode.org/index.php/topic,134.0.html

Read from Reply #14 to the end.

You mean this?

"Workaround
(Note that this workaround was added in the Windows update that was released on  07/08/2014. If you are applying this update within few weeks of this date, you will need to download and manually install the update from www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx.)
To apply the workaround for a specific device, add a REG_DWORD value named SkipBOSDescriptorQuery that has a value of 1 to the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\usbflags\vvvvpppprrrr
(where vvvv is the device's Vendor ID, pppp is the device's Product ID, and rrrr is the device's Revision number. You can get the VID/PID/REV numbers from the device manager's details tab. This number is encoded in the HardwareIDs of the device)
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK .
2. Locate and then click the following subkey in the registry:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\UsbFlags
3. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key.
4.Type the name of the new key in the following form:
        vvvvpppprrrr
        where
        vvvv is a 4-digit hexadecimal number that identifies the vendor (idDevice from the USB Deviceescriptor),
        pppp is a 4-digit hexadecimal number that identifies the product (idVendor from the USB Device Descriptor)
        rrrr is a 4-digit binary-coded decimal number that contains the revision number of the device
              (bcdDevice from the USB Device Descriptor).
5. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
6. Type SkipBOSDescriptorQuery for the name of the DWORD Value, and then press ENTER.
7. Right-click SkipBOSDescriptorQuery, and then click Modify.
8. In the Value data box, type 1 , and then click OK.
9. Exit Registry Editor.
10. Unplug and re-plug the device for the workaround to take effect."

Did that, nothing changed. Pictures for proof in the case you might see something I did wrong.

https://isxehg.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y4pMEUi0zve5SOkYMVWYpkAA5MDR6dsFZTGogZVqCEIxnmfpY484s2AY_rPGYQpxzUvd6eyR8TfjhYbfGNxd1Px604nvgNlD6fL4Hy5r1LkRzYmPfL4eTyZErRWDaIIFsoy8Kf1N75twL4wLWupBK_KRzxKSh3YJ6d2_uxUDXERR4Hyz7Ztic0rMPyQWHTz-ERFU56gpHXbSqXXKSJoj69ORQ/regeditretrode.PNG?psid=1

https://isxdhg.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y4poZvfjMRP-dsltAxvlWtRN0xsMQ_GY4DoAJmmvgnufZcg2zgvFjKajHV0HYB6POg9tu8HhHSgIPoicKdtMMCF0_TC5kqQJY5xtx4NncFbRSS2LA0i-Etg9KSqtv6Lsj9ZFVyURuS25m8M4UYXxntmrpsDglqrBCLzUEAp28nxc2UI8-U_Vvigh0f-uoM2u6Pi5vvUTeBtx9Poq9_DzDwzEQ/devicemanagerretrode.PNG?psid=1

Apologies for providing two links and two attachments to the photos instead of an embedding. The photo button doesn't seem to be working on Microsoft Edge or something.

It looks like you incorrectly named the folder. Instead of naming it it vvvvpppprrrr (those are just variable names meant to be substituted for the VID, PID and REV numbers) you should use the hex numbers from device manager (probably 03EB2FF90000 but check to make sure)

You just saved my life, I owe you my eternal gratitude. How may I repay thee? Perhaps a gift card for your favorite store?
General Discussion / Re: Retrode2 NES Plugin Adapter - EPIC WANT!
« Last post by iniche on 25/Nov/2017 09:52:18 PM »
There's a device called the INL Retro which claims to dump NES and Famicom games as well as program the NES and SNES repro boards sold by the vendor but I don't have any personal experience with it.

(I'm a Linux guy, Kazzo-family boards like the INL Retro require a client on the host machine, and, while separate unsupported Linux ports of the dumping and programming support supposedly exist, they're sort of unicorns as far as actually finding them. Also, from what I've read elsewhere, it seems like support for automatically identifying carts and setting the correct mapper modes has been one of those "planned but too busy to deliver" things for a while now.

Kazzo is excellent. Even though settings like mapper are manual, its compatibility is ever-growing. It's very reliable.
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by MasterOfPuppets on 25/Nov/2017 06:28:33 PM »
Awesome to hear! Thank you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10