Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
General Discussion / DIY SMS/Game Gear Plug-in?
« Last post by werewolfslayr925 on 09/Jun/2018 09:35:47 PM »
Hi, there, Retrode Community Forums!

I'm looking to buy/make an SMS plug-in for dumping SMS and Game Gear games.

Unfortunately, the SMS plug-in is out of stock at Dragonbox (and everywhere else!).

Would anyone happen to have/know where I can find the appropriate file(s) necessary to order a copy of the SMS plug-in from, say, Elecrow or DirtyPCBs?

Thank you very much for your time!
Support / Re: Retrode 2 not being recognised
« Last post by RocknRollTim on 06/Jun/2018 08:14:49 PM »
Hi MasterOfPuppets,

Thank for responding to my forum thread.

I  tried plugging the Retrode directly into the main PC and it kept powering it off so I gathered it was something related to the Retrode.

However after trying your suggestion of using another USB cable i.e. one from my PS3 controller and plugging it directly from the Retrode into the PC, the device was successfully recognised. The only thing I need to get my head around now is to play games on the PC using the Retrode, but I will eventually figure that out after reading numerous forum threads as well as watching plenty of YouTube videos. I can't believe how much trouble a faulty cable can cause with PC particularly powering it off plus I couldn't imagine it being the Retrode as I researched that it could work with most PCs regardless of power, but at least its working now and thanks to your help.

Once again I would like to say thank you for your help and can't wait to start playing some retro games particularly the Gameboy, N64 and SNES ranges.

Many thanks,

RocknRollTim

Support / Re: Retrode 2 not being recognised
« Last post by MasterOfPuppets on 05/Jun/2018 11:37:41 PM »
You mention hubs. Have you tried plugging it in directly? Also, have you tried another USB cable?
Support / Retrode 2 not being recognised
« Last post by RocknRollTim on 05/Jun/2018 09:08:54 PM »
Hi all,

I would appreciate your help very much. Basically I have tried 3 different Windows PCs to get my Retrode 2 to be recognised and none of them have successfully recognised the device. 2 of them said that they could not recognise the device due to insufficient power and the other could not recognise the device at all. I have even tried 2 USB hubs and neither of them have improved the situation. Also I have noticed that the LED light on the unit does not light up when the device is plugged in, should this be lit up? Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

RocknRollTim
General Discussion / Re: N64 Save Support (FW v0.23)
« Last post by Haldrie on 31/May/2018 06:35:10 PM »
Finally after all these years I can backup my n64 saves! This is why I bought a Retrode in the first place (well that and GB/GBC save backup but that was already out when I got it) and you guys have at last made this a reality thank you so much for all of your hard work and I wish I had found this sooner.
General Discussion / Re: Retrode 2 Power issue
« Last post by F34R on 27/May/2018 10:53:37 PM »
Just received mine and had the same power issue.  Changed the supplied cable to a pretty old one, and it is now working just fine.
General Discussion / Re: Retrode 2 Power issue
« Last post by bomblord on 23/May/2018 03:35:53 PM »
Well if anyone else has the same issue the solution was that the power cable they sent me was bad
General Discussion / Retrode 2 Power issue
« Last post by bomblord on 23/May/2018 01:12:53 PM »
Hello all I just recently ordered a retrode 2 and received it today. Upon plugging it into an Dell Optiplex 7020 running Windows 10 I get an an error that says "Power surge on USB port Unknown device needs more power than the port can supply"

After that I can do nothing. I've tried 2 different carts and its the same thing also other devices plugged into the same USB hub lose power when inserting the device. Any assistance with this would be much appreciated. The power switch on the device is set to 5V as recommended and I'm testing using SNES games. My first thought was a USB Y cable with one end connected to a dedicated power supply but I don't have one of those lying around.
General Discussion / XBAND Modem Support
« Last post by skaman on 13/May/2018 01:22:17 AM »
I've added support to the Retrode firmware to read XBAND Modem units for both Sega and SFC/SNES.

The functionality is now available in FW v0.24a (or higher).

Keep in mind most units will have garbage SRAM data due to a dead internal battery.

If anyone is lucky to dump valid SRAM data off their unit, then I'd love to get a copy of the file.  Send me a link by PM.

Take Care!
General Discussion / Re: Any chance of Super Street Fighter II Genesis?
« Last post by skaman on 13/May/2018 01:16:05 AM »
FW v0.24a has been released with Super Street Fighter II support.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10