Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Support / Re: Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World Overdumped
« Last post by KingMike on 07/Feb/2017 06:06:52 AM »
Zero Wing (JP): $D07D (big-endian) (internal header)
CRC32: 7E203D2B
MD5: 9647D8EC9183F3EC9F944D5EA49A99A9
SHA-1: FAD499E21AC55A3B8513110DC1F6E3F6CDECA8DD
Thanks, but for some reason I'm having quite a hard time updating my Retrode2 to have the new firmware (I followed the instructions on retrode.org as best as I could, but Windows keeps telling me I have the latest firmware on it which I know isn't true; if it helps I have Windows 7).  Is there an alternate way to get the update installed successfully, or a program I can go into on the computer that'll help me out?

Thanks again.

General Discussion / Re: Feature suggestions
« Last post by Mrnoname on 06/Feb/2017 12:23:13 AM »
I figured tampering with the filesystem would cause some problems. No worries though, "moving" the file in my experience just copies it, since it's on an external drive.
« Last post by Wannado on 05/Feb/2017 11:31:30 PM »
Note that "deleting" the ROM file from the Retrode's file system (e. g. by "moving" the file) may cause issues when trying to write the config or SRAM file afterwards.

Nevertheless, I'll consider adding a config option to control the ROM file's read-only attribute.
General Discussion / Re: Megadrive SRM Saving issue..getting closer to solving..
« Last post by Nori on 01/Feb/2017 04:50:39 PM »
It WORKS!

Using SegaSram16bits set to "2" everything I've sent to it worked. You can even change it back to "1", restart the Retrode, and get the save converted to a regular sized file.

It's absolutely amazing. Now the Retrode does both the SNES and Megadrive/Genesis save transferring absolutely flawlessly. It's perfection.

Thank you so much Wannado for your hard work and perseverance at solving what appeared to be, or at least that we thought, was a nearly unsolvable issue. You're the greatest!

So with this issue now solved, what's your next priority with regards to the Retrode? :)
General Discussion / Re: New firmware beta: v0.21-beta
« Last post by Nori on 01/Feb/2017 08:38:04 AM »
Here it is, f i n a l l y.

I only tested it on the Retrode 2 with a few games (GB, SNES) and an N64 Mempak.

As always, see the enclosed readme.txt for details.

Fantastic! Can't wait to try it out!

Unfortunately when I try to download the file for the Retrode 2 I get this message:
"File could not be saved, because the source file could not be read."

If I force download it I have it visible on the desktop but it tells me the file is either damaged or corrupted. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, a few minutes later it worked! I'm going to try this out at my first break tomorrow (right about to pass out for the night). :)
« Last post by Mrnoname on 28/Jan/2017 07:20:41 AM »
Would it be feasible to disable the locking of the ROM file? I know you can't write to it through the Retrode, but it's a pain to have to unlock every ROM I dump, as OpenEmu can't move locked files.
The Retrode is easy to use. It's the games that cause trouble. ;)

Saves: The issues with the Mega Drive/Genesis saves have been discussed recently, and I have just uploaded my second attempt to resolve them: v0.21-beta
Remember to set "[sramReadonly] 0" in RETRODE.CFG if you want to modify the saves on any cartridge.
And you will need to set "[segaSram16bit]" as appropriate for your emulator/the format of the file you are trying to copy.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles: The Retrode firmware includes special code for that game, so it has probably worked once. The save size for it has been wrong, but I've hopefully fixed that in v0.21-beta. I cannot test it though.
Support / Re: Super Mario All Stars + Super Mario World Overdumped
« Last post by Wannado on 26/Jan/2017 11:22:46 PM »
I set up us the beta.
General Discussion / New firmware beta: v0.21-beta
« Last post by Wannado on 26/Jan/2017 11:16:33 PM »
Here it is, f i n a l l y.

I only tested it on the Retrode 2 with a few games (GB, SNES) and an N64 Mempak.

As always, see the enclosed readme.txt for details.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]