Author Topic: Windows not recognizing Retrode 2 in Update Mode  (Read 2972 times)

Offline MarioRPGGeno

• Baby Retrode
Windows not recognizing Retrode 2 in Update Mode
« on: 21/Jul/2015 10:46:35 PM »
I attempt to connect my Retrode to update the firmware, and I hold down the buttons on the Retrode as told in the guide to update the firmware, and when it reconnects it is not recognized as a USB device. Windows won't let me specify a driver for it. Am I doing anything wrong? I'm running Windows 8.1 for anyone who might need to know.

Offline Matthias_H

• Retrode Forum Techie
  • A Retrode Hero
Re: Windows not recognizing Retrode 2 in Update Mode
« Reply #1 on: 06/Aug/2015 09:06:21 AM »
Just so we're 100% sure about the button routine - HWB and RESET down, RESET up while holding HWB down, then release HWB.

I haven't had any issues with Atmel's DFU mode under Win8.1. Since updating the Retrode should only be required rarely anyway, have you tried using a different computer, maybe with a different OS?
https://www.retrode.org

I no longer sell the Retrode. For sales inquiries, please contact our friends at DragonBox.

Offline MarioRPGGeno

• Baby Retrode
« Reply #2 on: 12/Aug/2015 02:08:59 PM »
Sorry I didn't reply very quickly, but I followed the firmware update guide exactly and held them both down, then let go of reset, then HWB. This is my first time updating my Retrode since I received it. I do have other computers in my house, but they all have Windows 8 or 8.1 except for one which has Windows 7. I'll try to update it using it.

Offline Aleron Ives

• Junior Retrode
« Reply #3 on: 12/Aug/2015 08:12:58 PM »
If all else fails, you could try booting a Linux live CD or flash drive and performing the update under Linux.